Do you have a question? Please contact us and let us know
- When and where does your church meet?
- Our primary meetings take place in our Connect Groups:
Meeting Times and Places Monday, 8pm – 9.30pm usually 4 Caterbanck Way, Lichfield, WS13 6LR but this can vary map>> Friday, 12.45pm – 2.15pm same as above Sunday, 4.30pm – 5.45pm same as above
. For a calendar of events and services please see our calendar.
- What kind of church are you?
- We are a Christian church in the protestant tradition which believes the Bible, the foundation document of the Christian faith. We also believe in all the historic creeds of the Christian faith which describe the message of the Bible (e.g. Apostles Creed, Nicean Creed, etc). We believe in the gospel which Jesus proclaimed and that it is “good news”. It tells about man’s sinful nature, but also God’s love shown in sending His son, Jesus, to die for our sins and to take our guilt and penalty upon himself. This great theme of reconciliation between man and God is the most important component of our faith (see 1 Corinthians 15:3-8).
- Is your church a member of or affiliated with a particular denomination (e.g. Catholic, Anglican, Methodist)?
- Our church is a member of The Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches (FIEC) which is a fellowship of churches in existence in the UK since 1922.
- Is it ok to just come and see what it is like?
- Yes, our church encourages people to explore Christianity and ask questions in order to learn. There is no obligation in attending a Connect Group (e.g. you don’t have to be a member, you don’t have to give an offering, just come and see what it is like). In fact, we run a regular course called “Christianity Explored” and the purpose of that course is designed to provide an atmosphere where people are encouraged to ask questions and investigate the claims of Christianity as we explore the Gospel of Mark together. Contact us if you are interested in taking such a course.
- What is a Connect Group like?
- Connect groups are friendly, informal gatherings which usually take place in someone’s home. We use the 4 W’s to describe what happens in our Connect Groups:
- Welcome – we have a cuppa and some bisquits and maybe even a fun, light-hearted ice-breaker question to help participants get to know one another.
- Worship – we spend time in worship using songs like those on the “Songs of Fellowship Small Group Worship” CD’s.
- Word – we listen to teaching and discuss the Bible passage. We open our heart and life to it to let it speak to us and change us to become more Christlike.
- Witness – we pray for any needs that there are in the group